Thursday, October 8, 2009

I was gonna go as a french maid but decided on being a shitty friend instead.

Question:
My best friend has a large amount of self esteem issues. She will not even come to my Halloween party because other girls will be dressed sexy and cute! Also, she is thirty years old and has never had a real relationship. I think its because she is extremely picky about who she dates. She wants GQ model type men- and she is not cute- at all. How can I tell her she is reaching way out of her league without being terrible?

He Says:
So you've already gotten your costume picked out and decided to go as a judgmental bitch, is that about right? Seriously, that's fucked up. If she doesn't feel comfortable dressing like a whore, why hold that against her? You think she's not cute, so she needs to lower her standards? I'm starting to think she's not the one with the problems. Why is it that just because she has flaws, which EVERYone does, she needs to settle for any chud that comes along? I'm kind of with her. I'd rather die alone that be stuck with someone that I'm not happy with. Get the fuck over yourself and try being supportive. Isn't that what friends are supposed to do?

She Says:
Tough question. Everything sounds better when you say it with roses. My plan would be to hand her a dozen red roses and a mirror. Works everytime. As far as her insecurities, if she is bringing them on herself I do not see why you should get involved. If she has not found a date in thirty years of life because she is going for guys way outside her league- give her subtle hints such as hooking her up with the star trekkers dating service. But when all else fails- that mirror roses thing will almost never backfire on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment